Sunday, November 14, 2010

Survey!

Some fun from I eat trees.



What is one food you thought you’d miss when you went vegan, but don’t?
I thought I'd have problem with milk chocolate, but I just forgot about it. Now when occasionally  I'm eating sweet chocolate, I don't like the taste.
 
What is a food or dish you wouldn’t touch as a child, but enjoy now?
That would be coffee, potatoes, beets, and cauliflower. Also, I hated some kinds of scrambled eggs (with tomato, with mushrooms, creamy...) which resulted edible once I switched eggs with tofu:)

What vegan dish or food you feel like you “should” like, but don’t?
I hate buckwheat. I know it's good and cheap and so on, but I can't stand it. I'm also not a fan of corn, mushrooms, barley, rye flour, brussels, parsley and tons of other vegetables, but I eat those sometimes.

What beverage do you consume the most of on any given day?
I don't drink much, almost nothing, so that would be tea I'm having for my breakfast every day.

What dish are you “famous” for making or bringing to gatherings?
farfalle olive salad. And muffins.

Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate or no nuts in sweets)?
Yes, I hate to mix my salad with other dishes, so I eat it separately. I also don't drink while eating (not a rule, just a childhood habit) and don't cook my vegetables in water: almost every vegetable stinks after that.
 
What’s one food or dish you tend to eat too much of when you have it in your home?
Strawberry yogurt disappears in seconds.

What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available prepackaged?
Hmm... maybe mix of herbs? I usually buy prepackaged things. Oh, chickpeas, I buy them dry, not canned.

What ingredient or food is worth spending the extra money to get “the good stuff”?
soy sauce, tea, ketchup, bread

Are you much of a snacker?  What are your favorite snacks?
Yes. Popcorn is my favorite, spicy peanuts in caramel (a mix of spiced peanuts and caramel-coated ones), homemade croutons and dry dates.

What are your favorite vegan pizza toppings?
Some spicy peanut sauce; I can't remember where I found the recipe. The rest is classic: tomatoes, olives, garlic...

What is your favorite vegetable?  Fruit?
Tomato and Pomelo.

What is the best salad dressing?
Ginger Miso dressing from Skinny Bitch - the only recipe I liked in this book:)

What is your favorite thing to put on toasted bread?
olive oil and tomato puree, spanish style.

What kind of soup do you most often turn to on a chilly day or when you aren’t feeling your best?
hot tomato soup is the best

What is your favorite cupcake flavor? Frosting flavor?
peanut butter cupcakes from VCTOTW rock my world. I hate frosting.

What is your favorite kind of cookie?
gingerbread I think.  I also like apple cinnamon shortbread one chain of supermarket sells. I used to lie oatmeal until I became vegan and they became the only cookies I can buy in most places (= the only sweets people buy when I come to visit)

What is your most-loved “weeknight meal”?
curry:)

What is one dish or food you enjoy, but can’t get anyone else in your household to eat?
Tofu looks suspicious to most of people. Also the crowd seems not to share my love to cornmeal waffles.

How long, in total,  do you spend in the kitchen on an average day?
I tend to sit in my kitchen and do things there, but if you mean cooking, that would be an hour max.

No comments: